Coffee Crew

Coffee Crew
Nick Bate's Web Comic the Coffee Crew

Friday, August 29, 2008

...YEAH.

As if my life didn't already suck enough for me to consider suicide (which I did many times over the past week), I have to go back to school, too. Most of the school day is the same as last year, other than the new teacher and new classmates, but then there's my mainstream class. I sat through it the first day, and saw for myself that there's no way I can possibly handle mainstreaming.

So then on the second day, I stayed in bed, hoping I could skip school entirely until September, when I'm old enough to drop out. That didn't work for me so well. My aunt took me to school. But instead of heading for my class, I headed to the special ed room to try to talk my teachers into dropping the class. That didn't work either. The social worker ended up walking me to it, and sat there with me the entire period.

On the third day, I tried the same tactic: staying in bed. My aunt came to drive me to school again. I tried persuading her to wait until my class was over and THEN drive me to school. Which of course failed too. This time, I got her to come in with me and talk to the special ed teachers. The ensuing conversation lasted aboot half the period, but eventually my aunt left. Luckily, this time I didn't have to go to class. Instead, I sat in the special ed room doing nothing for the rest of the period, which works for me.

Later on in the same day, someone from the school's office called me up there to meet with her, which I did. We talked aboot the class, then she walked with me down there to talk to the teacher of said class. The three of us decided that what we should do for now is have me pick up whatever work he has for me to do and take it down to the special ed rooms to do it, rather than sit in class. So I did that on the fourth day. And today there was no school, so I don't have to worry aboot it until Tuesday.

I'm still planning on dropping out, because on Monday I turn 17, the legal age I can drop out without parental consent. But they're giving me a hard time about it. The teachers are saying they won't let me, which I'm pretty sure I could technically sue them for because according to the state law, it's entirely up to me if I wanna drop out and it would be illegal for anyone to intervene in it.

So I'm not TOO worried aboot that, but I do still have to figure out HOW to drop out. I'm not sure if I'm just supposed to not go to school or if I'm supposed to fill in some paperwork or what. I figure it's the latter, but the problem is finding out when and where I have to go to do it. Like, do I do during or after school? And if it's during school, how the fuck am I supposed to get home since I can't ride the bus once I drop out? And am I supposed to go to the school office or what? I dunno, man. I'll have to ask around.

No comments:

Post a Comment