Coffee Crew

Coffee Crew
Nick Bate's Web Comic the Coffee Crew

Monday, October 12, 2009

NICK'S NEVER-ENDING QUEST FOR MUSIC

Thanks to Thom I am now an audiophile who frets over bitrates and file formats. For the past few months I've been bringing a couple of my CDs to my Dad's house per visit (I can only fit five or six in my backpack) and ripping them as v0 mp3s to stick on my iPod.

Then I did the math and realized it would take me months, maybe even over a year to finish them all, seeing as I make a trip to Dad's house once a month. So this month I packed them ALL up in a crate to bring 'em along.

However, I'm not quite sure why I'm doing this. I'm getting an external hard drive soon, which means I'll have the space to rip FLACs instead. Sure, FLACs don't work on iPods, but I can easily convert FLACs to mp3, whereas I cannot convert mp3 to FLAC. This method would be much faster than having to rip all my CDs twice.

Yet I do it the slow, painful way regardless. I suppose I'm just impatient. Two weeks is too long a wait for my external hard drive~

Once I have it, though, the next step is better headphones. Then, an amp. Then of course I need more CDs. But once all of this is accomplished (in a few decades), I will have attained one of my life goals.

I'm not sure why I posted this.

No comments:

Post a Comment