Coffee Crew

Coffee Crew
Nick Bate's Web Comic the Coffee Crew

Thursday, November 12, 2009

STUFF I WANT (FOR CHRISTMAS, OR JUST WHENEVER!)

(I tried using an LJ cut, but something went screwy with the thing. Sorry.)

Here are the things I currently need.

TMBG
my TMBG collection is pretty respectable, but I'm on a quest to obtain every different version of every song released in any format (but I'm focusing on CD for now). As such, there's still a lot of things I need, mostly rare EPs that only really feature one new track.

These include Sleeping in the Flowers, 2001 Radio Sampler No. 1, 2001 Radio Sampler No. 2, S-E-X-X-Y, The Guitar, What We Did This Summer, I Palindrome I, The Leonard Lopate Show Single, etc.

Then there's a couple audiobooks that, if I had them, would contribute LOADS of new tracks. These would be The Partly Cloudy Patriot and They Might Be. Giants vs. McSweeney's.

Also, I need John Linnell's and Mono Puff's albums. I have absolutely zero of their releases.

There are also plenty of various artist compilations that TMBG contributed to. I don't even know them all, but a few include A Tribute to George Harrison, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers OST, Selections from Rubaiyat, Coraline Soundtrack, etc.

Yes, I'm so obsessed with TMBG that I'll buy a CD just for one of their songs.

The Beatles
I already sent my aunt to fetch me the rest of the new Beatles remasters that I don't already have, so I'll probably get some of those for Christmas. I'd also like Love, though. Some of those mashups are pretty good.

Other bands
For those paying attention to my canonical twelve favourite bands, there's nine more to discuss. I think my Green Day collection is good as is. I don't really listen to them much and they just BARELY qualify as one of my fave bands. "Weird Al", on the other hand, is a collection needing improvement. I only have one release by him, "The Food Album", which isn't even an actual album.

I also need anything by the newest additions Jack Off Jill and Scarling., and also all three of theSTART's albums. I do have their Death Via Satellite EP, but that's only six tracks. When I put all my stuff on shuffle I hardly ever find theSTART.

For the Pixies, I still need Surfer Rosa and Trompe le Monde, and anything containing tracks not found on their actual albums. As far as I know Come On Pilgrim, Pixies at the BBC, and Pixies are the only ones. I could be wrong, though. I have all three Nirvana albums, but again, I need non-album tracks, so... MTV Unplugged, Singles... possibly more, I dunno. I really like the song "Spank Thru" but the only good version of it is on Outcesticide IV, a bootleg.

The last band is Dethklok. And since they only have two releases, um... not a problem. They're low on my priority list, though.

Not music
Other things I need other than music include an external hard drive (1tb+ of storage plz), a USB scanner (apparently Thom's getting me one, woo!), a video recorder (Nanny might be getting me one), an accordion, a top hat, a fedora, platform shoes, aaaand I forget what else was on my list.

DVDs would also be a nice change. The only DVDs I own are 5 of the 6 Rozen Maiden volumes and the first three Sbemail DVDs. I'd like more DVDs of TV shows and stuff, like Family Guy, South Park, King of the Hill, etc. The remaining Rozen Maiden DVD is included in that request. T_T

No comments:

Post a Comment