Coffee Crew

Coffee Crew
Nick Bate's Web Comic the Coffee Crew

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

O I C

It occurred to me that when people were telling me my drawings sucked, they were probably referring to that splash screen I posted a couple entries ago. (By the way, I don't think I'm gonna finish that cartoon). You guys... DO realize that was a splash screen, right? And not an actual drawing? It was intentionally half-assed. Normally I trace over the freehand with Flash's line tool, so it looks a lot smoother.

But my other point still stands: my drawings are made that way on purpose. It's just the style of my series. Like... take South Park. Obviously the artists could draw better if they wanted, but they choose to draw crappily because it's just the style of the show.

Here, these're pretty much the most recent of each category I can give you, so make your judgments on these:

Handdrawn, on paper





Traced in Flash
Freehand in Flash


No comments:

Post a Comment